Tuesday, February 6, 2018

EACH BAND'S TOP 10 SONGS ― THE CRANBERRIES

THE CRANBERRIES


10. "Salvation" - 1996 
This upbeat, air-guitar-inducing, head-banging track was definitely one of those that I shamelessly danced around my room with a hairbrush mic yelling, "Salvation, salvation, salvation is free!" 


9. "When You're Gone" - 1996 
Just hearing the first ten seconds of this rock ballad puts a smile on your face. There's a little doo-wop, bluesy vibe and you can't help but get lost in O'Riordan's pleading vocals.






8. "Promises" - 1999 
I'm pretty sure the thing I like most about this song is the extremely random music video that goes along with it. It's in some dark, vampire-esque world with witches and cowboys. It's great. 


7. "Just My Imagination" - 2009 
I love how The Cranberries can go from dark, angry music to sunny, dreamy numbers like this one. "Just My Imagination" makes you feel like you're daydreaming with your head in the clouds. 





6. "Why" - 2017 
Here's a song to remind us that The Cranberries still got it after all these years. It was written a few years ago after O'Riordan's father died and the song captures feelings of mourning and grief in such a beautiful way. 


5. "Ode To My Family" - 1994 
Here's another dreamy rock ballad for us to swoon and reminisce to. It's off The Cranberries second studio album, No Need To Argue, which is one of their best studio records full of so many hits. 





4. "Animal Instinct" - 1999 
Ah, can we bring the 90s back? Not only for the music but there's something so simple and satisfying about the quality of video clips during this time. And this music video features a very rare Dolores O'Riordan with long hair and a flower crown. 


3. "Linger" - 1993 
Ah, this timeless beauty of a song is one of the best Cranberries songs to sing along to. I've even heard some braves souls attempt to cover it at karaoke bars and open mics. This song will truly never get old. 





2. "Dreams" - 1993 
As the name suggests, I don't think there's a more dreamy and romantic Cranberries song than this one. "And now I tell you openly, you have my heart so don't hurt me / You're what I couldn't find / A totally amazing mind, so understanding and so kind / You're everything to me." I mean, c'mon. 


1. "Zombie" - 1994 
Of course, it depends on who you ask, but "Zombie" is the most iconic Cranberries song out there. How can you resist those grunged-up guitars and raspy vocals from O'Riordan?





From BaebelMusic, YouTube, Vevo, and Google

No comments: