Tuesday, November 14, 2017

MOVIE DIALOG OF THE DAY ― DUPLICITY (2009)

Connection with the previous post (THE BOURNE IDENTITY): Tony Gilroy wrote both screenplays.

RATINGS: IMDB ―6.2/10, Rotten Tomatoes ― 64%, ME ― 80%


Claire Stenwick: How do I know you? 
Ray Koval: How do you know me? Wow! That's a strong play. Believe me, I spent a lot of time thinking what this would be like. Where it'd be, what I'd say, what you'd say, but I never thought it...
Claire Stenwick: I'm sorry, I just...
Ray Koval: You really wanna go this way?
Claire Stenwick: Look you clearly have me confused with someone else.
Ray Koval: I don't know. I'm not great on names. I should be. I try. Faces I'm definitely better. I'm like a B, B-. Where I'm good, where I really excel, people I have slept with. That's been a traditional area of strength of me.

Julia Roberts as Claire Stenwick and Clive Owen as Ray Koval

Trivia (From IMDB):

The character of Claire Stenwick is named for classic-era movie actress Barbara Stanwyck.

Despite all the plot twists Duplicity was shot in less than 80 days.

Clive Owen also co-stars with Paul Giamatti in Shoot 'Em Up (2007).

Denis O'Hare is in the film alongside Julia Roberts. O'Hare would later be cast in American Horror Story with Emma Roberts, Julia's niece.

No comments: